adding a clicky

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by ChrisBirnie, Mar 27, 2021.

1. ChrisBirnie

ChrisBirnie

Mar 27, 2021
    Hi im looking at adding a clicky to my current setup and was wondering what would be the best option.
    I use a bassmax pickup in the wing and can either run it through a Headway EBD-1 or straight into the amp which works fine either way.

So i was thinking of using the headway for the clicky only because although it has 2 chanels it does not have separate eq for each.

so would just purchasing the separate clicky transducer be the best option? and run second instrument cable from the bass or is there a simpler way to avoid 2 cables coming from the bass?

2. dhergert

dhergert Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    You might look at Vic's Pickups, Zac Victors offers separate fingerboard pickups, separate wing pickups, as well as combined fingerboard and wing sets that are wired to plug into dual channel pre-amps for blending.

I use a Vic's Model C feeding into an on-board K&K Dual Channel Pro ST pre-amp.

(I also use a wireless TX/RC set so I have no wires coming from my DB -- very convenient.)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Hoyt and Keith Rawlings like this.
  3. Hoyt

Hoyt

Jun 29, 2006
    Saint Charles, IL.
    This is exactly what I just did and I couldn’t be happier. I’m running a single Shadow bridge element into one Line6 G30 and Vic’s slap pickup into a different G30. Then I run those into the EBS Stanley Clarke preamp. I made up a little pedalboard for it, so the whole thing is pretty easy to setup and tweak. 59C6F573-25DB-457F-AB88-9B133321086A.jpeg

Joshua and Keith Rawlings like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021