1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adding a phase switch to a blend pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Levin S, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    Hey guys!

I grabbed a blend pedal on a whim the other day, and it does not have a phase inversion switch.

The fuzz pedal I'd like to blend in is out of phase with the blend and a switch would really help out.

Is it possible to add such a switch?

Thanks as always guys!!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Radial Bigshot. Just grab IT.

3. It is possible to add one. If you look up my early adventures with blending crossover split signal there are some useful links.

For all the effort and parts, change blenders.

For the life of me I don't know why the makers resist using a footswitch for the phase switching.

If the fuzz is on/off independently of the blender you screw up the off condition. What you can do is add another blender in series, set fully wet with phase flipped.

With all that, I urge you to try parallel hi low with fuzz etc on the highs. SX21 Rolls crossover is only $65. It can serve as HPF if you don't find crossover blending to your liking.

4. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    Awesome info! Thanks for the reply!