1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adding LED to pre-amp circuit?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Al Heeley, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Any electronics guys here able to advise? I want to add a little LED to a pre-amp circuit so it comes on when the jack plug is inserted. Is this basically all I have to do?
    led.

2. that won't work...you're connecting hard ground to switch ground...

what you want to do is connect the hot (battery +) to the switched ground (move the resistor lead from the black wire to the red wire on the battery plug)...that way when you plug in the lead, you turn on the LED/resistor circuit in parallel with the preamp...

3. OK, many thanks! So this should do it?:
    led2.

4. "...specifically designed for use with pickups and electronics from EMG, Bartolini, Seymour Duncan and others that use 9 volt batteries. "
    Will it work with a standard (not active) bass humbucker?/9V powered pre-amp? I guess it would...

5. yeah It should work. Their website confirms it. The wording on guitar electronics is just wrong, I guess