Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

adobe audition with guitar rig

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by abriemzh, Jan 27, 2005.

1. hi all,
    currently i use adobe audition for recording software and using native guitar rig as an effect. but i could not use guitar rig as a plugin on audition. does anyone happen to know how to solve this problem???
    i use audigy ls souncard with asio4all driver.

thanx guys.

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I don't know Guitar Rig, but I guess it's a DirectX plugin you installed in your system having Audition already installed. Doesn't it appear in Effects > DirectX? If that's the problem, go to Effects > Refresh Effects List. After some processing, it should be available in Audition. Hope this helps. :)

3. In case it is a VST plugin (which iirc it is) and Audition does not support VST you could try using a DirectX Wrapper plugin.

4. maybe you havent know that newer version of audition has the capability to use vst plugin, but great news. guitar rig has released a new version that compatible with adobe audition.
    i will tryt them and post how its going to be... :hyper:
    but, thanx anyway guys...

hey, do you know that asio4all driver could make non-asio card capable of asio... even an onboard card. i could get 4ms latency from an onboard card, is'nt that amazing??? try www.asio4all.com to download them ( but sadly it doesnt support audigy ls card :crying: )

5. Yeah, didn't know that. (still using cool edit pro)

Although asio4all is nice for lowering latency, most onboard AD converters are still pretty crappy, but at least it works.