1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advice for Behringer BT108

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mcsplivens, Jan 1, 2012.

1. mcsplivens

mcsplivens

Aug 24, 2010
    Greetings, Got a first time question for my esteemed bass buddies here at TB. I have a Behringer BT108 that is nice and lightweight and tonally has a lot to offer in a small amp however as appears to be the case with others that own this amp the speaker cannot handle the power at all. This starts to woof and fart at anything over 3. My question is is there an affordable 8" bass speaker that would be worthy as a replacement for the stock speaker keeping in mind this amp new is only worth $75. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Buy a bigger combo, one with a 12" or 15" speaker. An 8" speaker in a combo isn't gonna be able to handle a whole lot of anything.

3. mcsplivens

mcsplivens

Aug 24, 2010
    I have a Roland Cube 30 so I'm not looking for a bigger amp I'm looking to make this amp sound a little nicer at living room jams. Like I said it sounds very nice at low volume and is super lightweight and portable.

4. Then the best thing you could do is get an identical speaker replacement. Throwing any 8" speaker into the box could be a crapshoot.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 you can't change out the speaker without modelling the cab, and it's not worth the effort anyway. A bass amp with an 8" spkr is not meant to be anything more than a personal practice combo- so use the Cube for the jams.