1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice on a Gallien-Krueger MBE-III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JWH, Oct 22, 2013.

1. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    Sorry guys pictures are too large to post.. I have the chance to pick up a GK rig and was wondering if anyone could offer advice? I can send pics to email, its just they are too big to TB..

I know NOTHING about this rig besides the head has G-K Gallien-Krueger on the left side and MBE (the E is shaded white)-III.. The cab is a GK 4x10..

Any help would be great..

Thanks guys..

Jay

2. That is the original Micro Bass series. Well loved by many especially by UB players.

3. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    I was told it was close to $2000CDN 3 years ago.. What price range should this have now?

4. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    After looking around a bit this morning, the pic he sent me and doing a-lot of looking at pics, I believe that the cab is a 410RBH.. I tried making the pics he sent me smaller, but I guess I am too stupid to figure out how to do that..

So when new were these micro bass units sold together head and cab? Or is the head one purchase and the cab another..

Sorry for what may seem like stupid questions, but I am only a "closet" player and this deal fell onto me unexpected..

Chances are it would be saleable or tradeable after I get it.. Being a closet player means I don't really need a 4x10..

Thanks for any help..

5. If it is the RBH that is the top line cab from G-K and was a separate purchase from the MB150S III.
    Most forums/user groups that I know don't "host" graphics (pics). Takes up too much storage space and bandwidth. Sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com as an example and up load your pics. They provide a "IMG" code you can copy and paste into your posts here.
    The RBH is a heavy roadworthy professional cab you should have little trouble selling/trading.

6. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    That's a lot of money. Check the Bay or Musicians friend and I'll bet you can get a new one for a fraction of that price.

The ones I liked was the self contained combos. The original small loud and light.

Here's the cab.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?Ntt=++mbe

7. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    no no that's not his asking price, that's what he told me the value was.. I would be trading for it, and the value of the trade is lower..

8. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if these worked.?

9. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

The pictures worked. That's a pretty nice rig.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

10. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    Ok so what exactly is it? ANY clue on value.. As I mentioned I really have no use for a 4x10 so IF I trade for it, it would be available.. I have a few trade offers in the works for my bait, and this is the only one I need advice/info on.. Its also the most intriguing..

I knew the boys on TB would be able to shed some light..

11. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    i'm pretty sure that amp is rated at 100 watts into 8 ohms and 150 watts into 4 ohms. it's a great sounding amp to my ears but not especially powerful.

12. Well without you having a supporting (paid) membership the rules say we can't answer a dollar value. Try searching used gear sites on the web in your area, you should find it has a pretty good value attached to it still.

13. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    ahha I was a supporting member a few years ago, and just renewed.. Sorry for bustin any rules... :(

14. JWH

JWH

Feb 27, 2011
    Yeah I kinda figured they were sold separately.. Its such an odd trade..

Here's the skinny..

I have a outboard boat motor for sale or trade locally and as one of the things listed that I would trade for was music gear.. Well this offer came along.. Knowing nothing about GK honestly, I turned to TB knowing I could get all the info needed.. The value I have for the motor is around $1000 and he told me the new value was around $2000 (he paid less he told me).

So I just want to make sure I know what I am getting into with my trade.. Plus know really knowing what it all was, make model wise its made searching around the net for info tough.. That's where TB comes in..

Thanks for any/all help guys this is a GREAT community and worth the donations..

15. Quick search found on Guitar Center's used department has pricing starting at $450 to $600 USD. The average of $500.USD is pretty common. Those heads are rare on the used market last one fully functional I remember was $375. USD so convert that to CDN. :)