1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aerodyne Info.Anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrhocson, Apr 14, 2009.

1. so im thinking of ordering an aerodyne jazz bass as a gift to my brother who is graduating soon....just wanna know if its worth it? im most probably gonna look in the used classifieds but either way used or brand new could you guys tell me what you think....playability,sound etc... thanks guys appreciate comments :)

2. BruceofBruce

BruceofBruce

Feb 28, 2008
    Boston MAss!
    Hey,
    the Areodyne Jazz is my main bass.
    I got it used off Craigs List and have been quite happy.
    I love the neck,I have small hands and the slim fast Jazz neck is where it's at for me.
    that said, it does have a bit of Neck Dive.
    the neck is heavier then the body.. go fig.

as for sound I dig what I can get out of it with a bit of EQing.
    I play in a stoner metal 3 piece and use a GK backline 600 with 2 10's and a 15.
    it works.
    I tend to use the Pbass pick ups more then the Jazz, but when the guitarist breaks a string I can get some lovely tones when the drummer and I do Jazz improv while we wait.

so while it's not the best of both worlds it does both quite well.
    and it's really really BLACK.
    so there's a plus.
    B

3. bluespenny

bluespenny

Mar 17, 2009
    My main bass too - I play alt. country/50s rock sort of thing, and it's capable of a nice thick sound, especially with flatwound strings.

I tested dozens of fenders trying to find the right feel, not caring about model or where it was made, and this bass outplayed everything, including US models costing twice as much.

That being said, I played an identical brand new aerodyne the other day, and it wasn't as good: sharp edged frets, etc. Mine must have had a great set-up before I bought it.

4. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    It's a very nice bass. You have a lucky brother.

5. Maxicooper

Maxicooper

Mar 17, 2009
    Columbia, MD
    Love it. :D

And it's black !!!!

6. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Got one in dolphin gray the non export , the thing has relic'd 6 chips tons of dings , tuners chrome has dulled half the screws are rusty , its been played and gigged hard and is all natural wear and tear i got it from a dude for 300$ the price of a squier and its sweet......... sold my modded p bass and use this only , i plan on playing it tell there is no finish left and then stripping it off to all natural and putting a fretless neck on:smug:

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I had one, but sold it off. Paid around 700 new for mine, a few years back. Saw a new one at GC today, almost $1000. Find a used one.

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    We are here for any opinions on any bass. There are many basses to be had here on TB. I got my Geddy for $550! Thats $700 off of retail and it looks brand new.

There are many different aspects to the Aerodyne compared to the MIA Jazz or even MIM Jazz. Slimmer, shaven body I.E.

If I see anything in the Classifieds, Ill post it here.

Good one here. Nice 5501.

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    And here.

Great parts bass, beautiful.

10. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    They have a couple Aerodyne PJs out here, the blue ones with the cream binding.

They look nice and sound good, but just didn't feel right for me. I really want one, but I can't justify it for myself.

11. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    sold mine for 320 today :( miss her

12. LCW why did you sell her? haha.....and to everyone thanks but i actually found a friend here in the philippines (yup i live in the philippines) who is selling me a used one for dirt cheap so i might actually end up getting it :)