Aguilar AG700 settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sayclean, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Sayclean

Sayclean

Jul 26, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    i apologize if there is already a thread on this...
    What settings do you use on Your Aguilar AG700 amp?

2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I use mine with a pair of GS 112's. I set everything flat and go from there depending on the room. The last time I played it I used my Ibanez GWB205 fretless and did a slight cut to the treble and upper mids. It sounded heavenly.

How to use EQ is a personal thing. Some players boost the lows to correct for an edgy tone while I cut highs to correct for the same thing. I find that judicial (and usually small) cuts work better for me and the result is more musical.

I love my AG 700 with electric bass. The TH 500 is a much better match for upright bass IMO but...Gary Willis uses a TH 500 and a pair of SL112's and he sounds fantastic.

3. Sayclean

Sayclean

Jul 26, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    I have TH500 also and 2 SL112’s. I use these for small gigs and small rehearsals. I’ve been using the AG700 with a Ampeg 115 15” because I like 15” for larger gigs. I also have two DS212, and DS410’s. I alternate between a Fender Jazz with rounwounds and a Fender P bass with T. I. Flat wounds depending on type of music. Rock vs. Blues/ R&b. I’ve just started using the buttons for bass and treble boost. I keep mids flat and run bass and treble at about 1 o’clock

4. Sayclean

Sayclean

Jul 26, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    Love Gary Willis! I’m sure the SL112’s sound good with fretless

5. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Assuming the EQ section is an exact copy of my AG500SC, I tend to cut the lower mids and boost the upper mids for fingerstyle.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021