Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar DB900 DI box

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by BassGreaser, Nov 16, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I was look at the aguilar DB900 DI box to use with my Bassmax for a impedance matcher to my amp. I don't like preamps with tone knobs. I'm looking for something that will give me straight sound. the site says it has an impedance of 12.8 M ohm. Will this work?

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Yes, that will be quite suitable.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    uh... you prolly already bought the Aggie, but if not, try a Demeter mono Tube DI. the aggie's much smoother, but i like the Dem's more airy, hifi flare. also has the all important signal boost in case you're running straight into a far off mixing board.

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    thanks joker
    I was just looking at the DI.:D

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    np BG, ;)

tho i own the Demeter, and it sounds great for my acoustic as well, i've been waiting for George Alessandro to finish his working prototype on his preamp/DI.

i asked him to develop a cool bass preamp that's as close as it can be to his uber cool Basset Hound bass amp, but its now turned into a pure DI along the lines of an Avalon U5. thankfully, it still uses his cool 6SL7 octal preamp design, but just does away with the EQ controls. should be sweeeeeeeeeeeet!