1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar TLC low output??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Levin S, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    I've had the TLC compressor for several months now, and it lives up to all the positive reviews. (thank you Bongo!) The only issue I seem to be having with it is that I have to turn the Level control all the way up to get to unity volume.

Is this normal? Or is my pedal just a bit wacky?

I use a Musicman Sterling through a few pedals and into an Orange TB-500 if that helps. I've changed cable after cable on the board, even just running Bass-TLC-Amp, and the problem, if it is one, is still there.

Again, great pedal, just wondering if they are all this way.

Thanks guys!!

2. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    Anyone?

3. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    Hard to say; but feel free to contact us. Keep in mind that compression is diminishing some of the dynamics peaks, depending on how the controls are set. The TLC has the ability to be set for "infinity" compression ratio, which is pretty extreme if you set the threshold very low. The level control is gain recovery. So it's possible that you need all that gain recovery to get back to your un-compressed level. Or....your compressor is wacky :)

Anyway, feel free to contact Marco at info@aguilaramp.com or me at dboonshoft@aguilaramp.com or call at 212-431-9109

4. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    Thank you so much for the info! I'll try the prescribed methods tomorrow night!

No matter what, to me, the compressor sounds incredible and I'd recommend it any day of the week :)