SOLD AGUILAR Tone Hammer 500 Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jtlee, Feb 1, 2022.

1. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price:
    United States
    • 500W @ 4 ohms, 250W @ 8 ohms
    • Class D power amp
    • Bass, Mid Level, Mid Frequency, Treble tone controls
    • Adjustable Drive control adds subtle distortion and EQ
    • Series effects loop adds 6dB of additional gain, perfect for a broad range of effects units
    • 1/4" active/passive input
    • 2 Neutrik Speakon outputs
    • XLR balanced output with pre/post EQ and ground lift switch
    • Tuner out
    • 2 high-quality whisper fans with thermal speed control
    • Switching mode power supply
    • Dimensions: 10.75" W x 2.75" H x 8.5" D
    • Weight: 4 lb.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  2. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Please explain that!

From Aguilar's website:
    "Aguilar Amplification’s products are covered under warranty to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship."

3. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I have not registered the warranty yet. I would register the warranty in the new owners name using my original purchase receipt (I purchased it new from an authorized dealer).

4. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    That would only work if your name is not on the receipt.

5. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    No, warranties don't work like that. It's the first person that registers the warranty with a valid purchase receipt from an authorized dealer. By your logic, anytime someone gives a gift or has the item delivered to an alternate address, the warranty would be void.

6. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    That all depends on the company. Aguilar is very specific in their wording.

"Aguilar Amplification’s products are covered under warranty to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship."
    "Your sales slip or purchase invoice is necessary for warranty service."

Even the Federal Trade Commission states original ownership proof may be required.

• "Save your product receipt with the warranty. You may need it to prove the date you bought the product, or that you’re the original product owner."

I'm sure Aguilar's lawyers made sure in their wording that they were covered in how they handled warranty work. I'm not saying Aguilar would not cover it, but "by your logic" it is no way a given.

7. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Registering the product in Aguilar’s case does not affect the start date of the warranty. You would also need to send the buyer your receipt. Depending on what Aguilar rep the buyer talks to and how accurately they describe the situation, they may or may not approve any warranty claim. Your buyer could tell Aguilar that they are the original owner, but that is dishonest and may qualify as fraud.

“The warranty period starts from the date of purchase from an authorized Aguilar dealer. Your sales slip or purchase invoice is necessary for warranty service.”

Type-55, BassHouston and Low Class like this.