Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovygus, May 7, 2004.

1. groovygus

May 7, 2004
    Hi every body,
    I am based in Europe and intend to ship some goodies that we cannot get here.
    Did anybody got to try some of the aguilar stuff.
    What does it sound like ,is it versatile,are the cabs good...
    I saw that Willis and Pattituci are using it so I thought it may be good gear but it is virtually non available here.
    Did anybody got a chance to see(and hear) the AG 500 at the last namm.
  2. Do a search on Aguilar in this forum and all will be revealed.
  3. What Oddio said. GroovyGus, you're brand new here with 1 post...I'm still sorta new, but the best thing I did was learn how to click on the Search This Forum button in the upper right corner of your screen...type in what you want to find, wait a few seconds, and every thread that even mentions Aguilar will show up. You'll be amazed.

Also, Aguilar advertises on the left side of the screen, and if you click there, you'll go their website.

Great cabinets. Great tone.
  4. Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    I have a wonderful Aggie GS212. It's got an awesome sound that will knock the walls down all in a single, very portable unit.

However it is very expensive compared to similarly configured cabs and would be more so to import I imagine. Not sure it would be worth the trouble and expense.

5. Welcome aboard! I certainly didn't intend for my post to sound unfriendly... simply practical advice on how to get around. I am a real fan of the Aggie DB680+DB728 as you will no doubt discover.
  6. groovygus

May 7, 2004
    Thanks everybody for your answers,
    it is nice to know that some people are into helping each others out and simply support each others but doing a search didn t really gave a lot of infos on aguilar itself(more about other players set up).

Going to Aggie(as you say on the other side of the atlantic)web site is telling me the specs and the feature.
    where can I find lots of feed back from players?(harmony-central doesnt have a great deal of reviews too.)

And to finish with,don t worry oddio, I didnt took it personnally.
  7. zoran

May 10, 2002
    I've got gs410 cab which is bought in Italy, and it's great piece of equipment I can tell you. Wonderful lows and highs, mids too but need some eq to get it. Try at:
  8. At Musikmesse, guys from Aguilar recommended dealing with Germany based station music. I bought some things there and they are really helpfull.

But it depends on where you live...

There is also a lot of European equivalents (warwick, glockenglang, merlin, ebs, trace, orange, ashdown...)

9. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    I think you'll be happy with Glockenklang. I have both Aguilar and Glock , and I prefer Glock anytime than Aguilar.It sound so clear and warm that I would say Glock is the best. [ I have SWR , AMPEG, EDEN, AGUILAR, TRACE] but none is comparable to Glock.
    Since you ar in Europe why don't you take made in Germany