1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ahhhhh, Ebay...always fun.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ProfGumby, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Jazz-bass-body-loaded-duncan-pickups-bridge-MINT_W0QQitemZ200331189056QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item200331189056&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Well, is a VM Squier body really a Fender, even with a Fender Decal on the headstock?

And did you read this part -
    "-it doesn`t say on the neck or the body what the country of origin is but I know it is not u.s.a.-it used to say on the headstock but I replaced the decal with a 70`s era decal and can`t remember what I did last week let alone last year,the neck looks like a geddy lee with big block inlays and the black binding around it if that helps."

So, blissfully ignorant seller?

2. Do people really fall for this stuff?

3. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Some do. And, they are bidding.:meh:

4. Maybe they want a Squier body? :meh:

5. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Well, as I write this there are 10 hours left and the bidding hasn't gone too nutzo. The loaded body is probably worth what has been bid so far. We'll have to see where this one goes.

I doubt the seller is unaware that it is a Squier. He said he replaced the headstock decal, but doesn't say what was there before he put the Fender decal on... :meh:

6. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    saw that i am an avid ebayer but i dontt report people , if your buying you should be somewhat knowledgable of BS.

7. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Agreed on the bidding not being out of line for a loaded VM body...but I just love the story of the decal and not rememberig what he bought....

I have a purple car, I've had it for 4 years but I don't remember the name that was on it when I bought it....sounds silly doesn't it?

8. impressive... really impressive. The nerve...

9. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    haha, I saw that ebay auction and was going to make a post to laugh at the guy, its very obvious what the body is & the seller just wants to squeeze a few extra bucks out.