1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alembic: Spoiler vs Persuader

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Papersen, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I`ve been looking at these Alembic models. What are the main differences in terms of:

- Construction (body, scale, playability, etc.)
    - Sound / Electronics
    - Price

Thanks

2. 82Daion

82Daion

Nov 14, 2006
    Spoilers often have soapbar pickups, Persuaders are often P-J. Spoiler controls are volume, filter, Q-switch, and PU selector, while Persuaders are volume-volume-filter. I can't tell you much about the sound, but the Spoiler will probably be more versatile as a result of the electronics.

Both are neckthrough-Persuaders more often than not have a nice wood top on them, while Spoilers often do not. The construction is top-notch on both.

IIRC, Spoilers are usually medium scale, and Persuaders can be found in medium and long-scale configurations.

They trade for about the same price, usually between $800 and $1200.

3. These models are similar in feel and weight, but the Spoilers sound more tonally balanced to me -- the Persuader tone is basically REALLY LOUD P PICKUP and teeny-weeny J pickup.