1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

aliex to be trusted

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mysticblaze, Dec 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mysticblaze

mysticblaze

Nov 2, 2016
    i have heard some good and some bad about em anybody ever bought from em

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  2. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Never bought from them either, and it looks to be a crap shoot. Probably the best place to roll your dice (ca$h) on Chinese knock offs. Seen some videos where people say what they bought is better than what it was copied from, and I know a guy who swears his Chickenbacker plays and sounds better than his real Rick.

3. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    ShadowImage likes this.
  4. I've bought from them multiple times (including a $300 double neck bass) with no problems. It is a lot like ebay, you deal with independent sellers rather than Aliexpress directly, and there is buyer protection. The key is to look over the seller ratings and reviews and make sure others are generally happy with them. DO NOT buy from a a seller with very few or negative reviews / ratings.

For this one the seller only has 7 ratings, so I would be careful. My general rule of thumb is not to buy from a seller with less than 20 ratings.

blindrabbit and wintremute like this.
  5. mysticblaze

mysticblaze

Nov 2, 2016
    thanks bro. i really just need a fanned fret bass for drop f since my srff805 just isnt cutting it

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  6. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    The figured top is likely a print.

ShadowImage and Killed_by_Death like this.
  7. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    i have a mooer tender ocatver coming in from aliexpress. i hope it goes off without a hitch! not quite the commitment a bass is, though.

8. Doubt it. Prints generally don't include flaws like the website photo shows.
    Blue Veneer.

9. mysticblaze

mysticblaze

Nov 2, 2016
    so you guys think its legit or???

10. Since when is counterfeiting legitimate?

Ali comes from Ali Baba, who was a known thief.
    If you feel no moral obligation to fight piracy/counterfeiting, go for it.

11. mysticblaze

mysticblaze

Nov 2, 2016
    nice profile pic because i might be buying on of their chickenbacker

Savage Hippie likes this.
  12. Pudge Fish

Pudge Fish

Aug 6, 2013
    MD
  13. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    There is the pure of getting something great for cheap, it rarely works that way. Look at some of the YouTube videos where they tear apart the knock off instruments.

14. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    I bought one of those octave pedals on Ali Express. Delivery took couple weeks, but shipping was free. Item was as described; no problem.

I've since bought a few items not related to music. (Inexpensive jewelry for my SO.) No prob with those transactions, either.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  15. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You weren't gone long....

Dominic DeCosa likes this.
  16. This would bother me - and if they'd do this, how closely do you think they measured the fret positions?
    AliOops.

17. I bought one of those of Aliexpress back in July: while it is a quality pedal, it isn't as good as the Micro Pog though it definitely works as intended as is by no means a crappy pedal.

18. subdude67

subdude67

Jan 18, 2010
    Kenya
    While I never bought a bass on AliExpress, I have only positive experiences buying there.
    If I was looking for a fanned fret 5 string I would be all over that one!