SOLD Alleva Coppolo RA4 FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basses55, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Continuing to reduce the stable and raise funds for repairs. This one hurts the most so far....a truly stellar bass all around - looks, playability and tone. Jimmy and I selected the body for weight and the bass came out at an ideal (IMO) 8.86 pounds for the 4.

-RA4, alder body, maple neck and board, blocks and binding
    -Candy Apple red metallic
    -Nitro body ( upgrade), poly neck (standard)
    -Tinted/aged neck
    -AC pups and pre
    -Vintage bridge

The bass has a great slap tone ala Marcus but with a bit smoother and warmer character, something I love in this model from Jimmy. The finger tone is warm but tight also at the same time. Fast, easy neck profile that is easier to play than my Fender from that era.
    If you've been looking for a killer /rare 4 or ACs in general this is a good opportunity...and comes at a large discount from new.
    $$3000 plus shipping. I will ship anywhere. Includes I Gig bag.

Sorry, no trades.

Thanks for looking!

2. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    pics

Attached Files:

3. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

Attached Files:

4. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    The streak on the edge is from light reflecting, not a scratch. Giving different pics to show shades of the color.

Attached Files:

5. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    There are some marks behind the bridge, and a small finish blemish on the heel under the neck. You cant see the blemish unless you turn the bass over and really look, and you cant feel it.

Attached Files:

6. jonno1707

jonno1707

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    Wow another killer bass from Mitch...!
    Big bump for a smoking bass and one of the best sellers on TB!

7. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Sweet baby Jesus.

8. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Are the pups 60s or 70s spacing?

9. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

They are 70s on the RA model.

10. Joelc73

Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    A beautiful bass! That color combo is stunning. Someone will be getting a great deal.

FWIW -- I bought an AC from Mitch two weeks ago and the deal was absolutely painless. A great seller who is completely above board on every level.

11. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    If you're in the market for a bass with these specs do not hesitate on this one... I remember it well from NAMM 2010. What a great sounding bass!

And Mitch is one great and classy guy with one of the best ears I've ever known.

12. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    Another bump for Mitch and this killer AC. Mitch is "Da Man", as the kids say

13. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Thanks guys- really appreciate the support! :oops:

If anyone needs any additional info please dont hesitate to PM me, I'll get back asap.

14. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    An incredibly playable and versatile instrument, being sold by an extraordinarily knowledgable buyer. This RA4 is a dead cinch no-brainer, and one of those elite instruments that were you to play it, you'd kick yourself later for not buying it.

15. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

..or kick yourself later for having sold it!

16. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    ... or for having had the thing in your "backyard" and letting it get away... :meh:

17. adarvas

adarvas

Jul 27, 2006
    Toronto
    Big bump for that bass Mitch! I played it and it's a killer bass!
    Too bad I'm not in the market for a 4 str.

18. Painted or real inlays?

19. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

Real inlays, and binding.

20. Archie Jr.

Archie Jr. Midnight Rider Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Superb bass at a great price. Bump for a terrific TB'er ! If she only had a 5th string, I would have snapped her up.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.