Amp cut out completely

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Parkerblades, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
    Ok. Today my amp would get this weird fuzz/buzz when I attack the string heavy. Then it cut out completely. I would still send a signal through my xlr out to the board but nothing to the speaker in the cab itself. Any one have a suggestion on where to start looking for the problem?

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    What amp?

3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

If it has an effects loop try patching an instrument cable from effects send to effects return. You could have a dirty effects return jack (internal contacts). Especially if you never use the effects loop.

4. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
    Carvin I think the model is bx600. 600 watt 2x10 combo

5. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
    Ok I have always just ran inline with my boss multi effect pedal.

6. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Can you confirm the amp power section is out? I.e. have you hooked it up to another cab. 600watts and 2x10 sounds like the problem right there, IME. Not the power rating per se, but the physical limitations of the drivers.

7. Parkerblades

Parkerblades

Feb 23, 2014
    No I have confirmed really anything yet. I didn't have a whole lot of time to check out sense it happened right before we started playing. I use mainly just and a signal feed and monitor with my amps tone. So I just had the sound guy patch it into my monitor sense he was still getting a signal. I will have time Tuesday to really go through it. Just trying to get some ideas on what to check. Thanks

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021