1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp fuzz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FPFbass, Apr 6, 2009.

1. FPFbass

FPFbass

Jan 23, 2009
    Burlington, VT.
    So just a quick question for you guys. My amp is a little fender bassman 112. Two days ago I had a band practice with some of my friends which was good. My friends have larger amps than I do so I have to turn my amp up a little past where I feel comfortable. Yesterday I came back to my amp to practice a little. After turning on I found that my amp sounded very fuzzy and quiet. I tried playing around with volume nob and such. I know how to turn on and ajust nobs on my amp, about it After a minute or two of playing agressively though the fuzz went away and my amp got louder so I could play normally. So what I was wondering, is this something I should worry about, and does anyone know what it was?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Well, that's a practice amp, meant for practicing by yourself. You're asking it to do something it can't do. My guess is, you've blown the speaker. To play rock n roll in a band requires sufficient power and multiple speakers. Might be time to go amp shopping.