1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WashburnBass, Feb 21, 2008.

1. WashburnBass

WashburnBass

Nov 17, 2007
    I've got a Kustom KBA65 that ever since i got it, it has been making a weird noise, it can be fine and then all of a sudden it comes in, kinda like a squeal. I've taken it back to the shop an after 2 hours of driving there, we plugged it in an left it and it didnt make the noise at all, so they were not interested in fixing it.
    I've tried different leads, different guitars, plugged it in different rooms, have turned it on with nothing plugged into it an it still does it, even with the volume down.
    Wanna get it fixed or find out what it is an sell it

Anyone have any ideas. Really wanna get to the bottom of this, might need to make another 2 hour trip to the shop an make them fix it or get it looked at, still have 4 an a half years of warranty on it!

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Sounds like a faulty resistor or transistor somewhere. How long have you had it? If the store you bought it at thinks its ok, maybe you can return it and get something else?

3. WashburnBass

WashburnBass

Nov 17, 2007
    had it for maybe 4 months. its done this ever since i got it home, its the second amp i've had from that place, the first one blew in half an hour, and they wouldnt give refund, so i had to spend more to get this one, and after a 2 hour driving bring it back home, plugged it in as soon as i got home. i think i can safely say after i solve the problem on this one i wont be going back there in a hurry to buy stuff.