1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Ampeg B-100R Rocket Bass! 1 X 15 combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by inthebassclef, Jul 5, 2016.

1. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Price:
    Up for sale, with regret, is my Ampeg B-100R. Overall the amp is in great shape for its age and will come on casters. Cabinet is in great shape along with the outer wrapping. Amp head is in great shape and all knobs and switches function yet.
    Anyone who knows these amps knows this price is cheap and unfortunately this is the reason. There is something wrong with the speaker. It intermittently has distortion in it. Sometimes it works fine other times really distorted. I am not versed in fixing amps thus this is a great chance for someone to get a great amp at a great price and just have to put a little work into it.

I am offering this amp up at $200 which is at Minimum a $100 less than usual and frankly some sell up to $350. Due to the weight and size I am offering this up for pickup only.

Please pm me with any questions and thank you for looking and have a blessed day.

Attached Files:

2. riker1384

riker1384

Jan 2, 2007
    Are you sure it's the speaker that's distorting rather than the amp? Have you tried hooking up a different speaker to the amp, or a different amp to the speaker?

3. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    I have hooked up the amp to another speaker and it works perfectly. It is definitely the speaker

4. If the distortion is intermediate I'd def open up the cabinet and check to see if some wires haven't come to a position near the speaker cone. It's a common thing, and if that's the case, the distortion can be remedied by simply repositioning the loose wiring. Worth a look. These are great amps.

5. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    Will do. Thank you

6. inthebassclef

Jan 8, 2012
    sold pending payment

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021