1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg B15N - speaker connection / soldering

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boroman, Nov 27, 2018.

1. boroman

boroman

Apr 27, 2009
    boro
    OK guys. I have been soldering new speaker cable to my 70s B15N and wanted to ask where on that switchcraft 4-pin connector (from left to right: 1,2,3,4 pin) is [+] and where is [-]? the pins #1 and #4 are speaker connections as I see, but no knowledge about +/-....

Zdjęcie 27.11.2018, 16 26 38.

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Here's the service manual @Vintage-Blue has on his website for the late 60's B15NF which is probably the closest available on that site to your amp.

Green (+) goes to pin 1, black (-) to pin 4.

There may be later schematics available in the portaflex wiki above but I went with that one because Mark has redrawn a lot of them and they're clear and easy to link. I think there was a time when ampeg was doing green for negative and black for positive? But that may just be me mis-remembering.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    ..and pin-2 and pin-3 should be jumpered together at the cabinet connector.

4. boroman

boroman

Apr 27, 2009
    boro
    Thanks. I have already jumped (by factory) 2nd and 3rd. I'm asking because it's hard to do a "9v battery test" t because 4pin goes straight to the head..