1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg b2re

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jckmcgrth, Mar 16, 2008.

1. jckmcgrth

jckmcgrth

Mar 1, 2008
    Californaia
    before i tell you about this amp let me tell you about what ive gone through with my amps:

so i start with: GK Backline 600 and backline 210 cab, sounds good but i decide to buy the GK backline 112 and i hook it up and sounded great.

then i plug my bass in one day and..... it sounds terrible. eventually no sound at all. so i try plugging it n somewhere else, no good. i try a different instrument cable, no good. i try just the 210 plugged in, no good. then just the 112, no good. so i decide to just go for a new basss head altogether, because backlines not really so great anyways.

i end up getting an ampeg b2re. i plug it in. still terrible sound. so i go on ampegs website and see that im probable using pretty bad speaker cables, so i go to guitar center and pick up a speakon-1/4 cable and a 1/4-1/4 cable. they are big. they look nice. i plug them in.

sounds bad still. so i decide to plug in my old behringer 115 in place of the 112... and it worked! for about a week. now everytime i play it started sounding terrible after about 10 minutes. im almost completely positive it is the head. cuz if i just give a little tap on the top it increases the static times ten.

so my questions are:

has anyone else had these problems with this head and or cabs?

and should i just take the head back and say... hey this sucksand buy a new one?

or should i try fixing it?

and could the cabs/cables have screwed up the head somehow?

i really dont know much about amps but im pretty sure they shouldnt suck so hard.

thanks if you read all that

2. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Check the battery in your bass.

3. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I use basiclly that same head and I gig alot. It a good little head. I go into a 410 and I'm normally without PA support.

4. jckmcgrth

jckmcgrth

Mar 1, 2008
    Californaia
    the bass just had a full scale checkup about 2 weeks ago.
    thanks

any other suggestions?