Ampeg B500DR preamp issues?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Adam Harrison, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I have a Ampeg SVT410HE the B500DR, I have an Ibanez SR505EL
    (Bartolini P/u’s, passive with active EQ)
    I hooked up this goddamn lexicon pre and I guess I plugged something in wrong to the out....well now the damn thing won’t do anything other than hum noise. Anyone have any ideas?

2. sacreddog717

sacreddog717

Jun 20, 2006
    Dublin, CA
    Hooked up how?

3. The outputs to the lexicon. I forgot how I ran it. It worked fine at first then I did something that made no sound come out other than if I plug direct into the effects loop and can use my instruments volume to control I guess 25-50% of full volume.

4. I can probably upload a video (if it will allow me. (I’m new to this site sorry fellers, I’m grateful for all y’all though)

5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Did you read the manuals to determine how to properly connect the preamp? Which Lexicon preamp???

6. Mx 200 yes.,but I’ve still think I messed something up. It’s got mono outputs (left and right) but it’s like hookin that thing up just ruined my head. But I don’t think it’s anything too serious.

Attached Files:

7. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Ok, as I suspected that's an effects processor and not a preamp.

It (the MX-200) needs to be inserted into the effects loop. Take the effects send from the amp into the input labeled left (mono). Take the left output of the MX-200 into the effects return.

Follow the instructions for use of the MX-200 as a series (or serial) procrssor.

staccatogrowl likes this.
  8. Yes, sorry should have mentioned it’s a delay/reverb unit. However if I run straight from my bass to head, to cab. No sound. I can unplug the bass and tap the tip of Cable and it’ll crack/pop (I did this at almost 0 volume) I’m just at a loss on what to do. Should I just get a rack power amp and run it to the pre in?
    (It’s one of those pwr out/pre in) I can plug my bass directly into and the bass will actually turn my volume up, an added rat pedal and the volume goes even louder. (But rats/distortion pedals for guitar really suck out the low end with no D.I.) thanks for all yalls help.

9. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Have you tried a different bass? It does not sound like an amp problem. Is your bass active or passive? If active, when did you last change the battery?

Adam Harrison likes this.
  10. the bass works fine with my other amp and my focusrite isolo (recording) it’s an Ibanez SR505EL

11. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    That's not what I asked...

Have you tried a different bass (and cable) with this amp?

12. Yes, and a guitar, nothing.

13. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Without at least a basics electronics background, you are going to need some technical help then.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021