Ampeg BA-210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Skel, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Hi all - I mentioned in another thread that I was testing a Fender precision at my local GC yesterday, and happened to plug into a BA-210SP. I was simply blown away with the tone of that amp! I found out later it is a 220 watt amp, not 100 watts like my BA115 practice amp. I just could not believe the low end this thing had. And it was SOOO tight and punchy. I just bought an SVT-4 PRO on eBay, brand new, factory sealed for $950. I'll be running this into my SVT-410HLF cab. As soon as I receive this, I'm going to trade (or sell on eBay - whatever) my B2R head, and my BA115 and get the BA-210 (not the SP -don't need the effects, unless the price difference is small enough that I might as well get them).

Has anybody else tried playing through this amp? I figure at 220 watts with the balanced DI, this could easily be a gigging amp.

2. wookieinferno

Sep 25, 2007
    I have used this amp for about a year, over 50 gigs, from outdoor to indoor. This is one great amp, great versatility and great sound in a tight little package. I would recomend getting the wheels with it, they really make transporting it easy, remember to take them off if playing on a slick stage.

This amp has worked great for really ahrd rock to my current band that plays Folk Pop type stuff. I went ahead and bought the one with effects, they pretty much suck, I wouldnt waste 15 cents on them.

The only effect I have found that really makes it even better is a compression pedal that I sometimes use.

I ahve a question for you, how often can you even use a SVT 4, I figure that if you need that much volume they can DI the Ap 210 and get teh same effects. Why would someone ever need anything bigger than it?
  3. jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I owned one for almost 2 years and loved it.
    I only gigged with it a few times and used it mostly for practice. It had great power for its size and I always liked the tone. I had the SP version and rarely used the effects...probably would have been just as happy without.

I recently partially traded it for my SVT-410HLF cab to go with my new BA-500 combo.