Ampeg BA115HP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by r05c03, Aug 11, 2005.

1. r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    I recently acquired an Ampeg BA115HP. Previously I have never owned anything more substantial than Roland and Peavy 35 - 50 watt amps. I would love some tips and hints for using and maintain this new piece of equipment. Also, the ampeg has a balanced line out and the manual says this can "connect to recording equipment, house sound board, or external amplifier". I understand about the recording equipment, but does this mean that I can also hook into a PA system, and also possibly power a more speakers? thanks.
  2. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I use the same amp and I use the XLR to go to the board / PA system.

It won't power an external speaker. The XLR just gives you a quiet balanced signal to a sound board or P/A.

The amp is pretty durable and sounds great. Nothing special special you need to know about care and up keep. It's just a combo amp like any other brand. Use the same comman sense you would with any piece of equipment and it will be good to you. I have run mine almost everyday for the last 9 months and haven't had a single problem with it. It has been run at high volume (7/8) a few time but most of the time it runs at 3 or 4 so it has never been abused.
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I don't know why I have this fear, but I do... make sure you know the limits of your equipment, what I mean is know what a distorted output of an amp sounds like so when you push it too far you can recognize it and turn it down a little to save the life of the amp and speaker.

to get the most volume out of your amp be sure to turn the guitar on full, the gain up high enough so even your hardest notes DO NOT distort or sound "farty" or "scrachy" then use the master for your final volume control. if you find you run out of volume or sound is "farty" or "scratchy" before proper volume is reached, try turning down the "lows" then adjust volume.

take care of your ears, try ear plugs for playing with others, try "etymotic" ER-20 or similar plugs at your local music shop.