1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg combo??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blank182, Sep 17, 2008.

1. blank182

blank182

Sep 17, 2008
    hey im pretty new but im starting a cover band with some friends of mine. i need a louder bass amp then my 40wt nemesis. i really want a ampeg because ive heard nothing but good things. i want to buy the ampeg combo BA210 (not the sp). its got 220wts and 2 10' speakers.
    will this be loud enough for band practices and to play like small gigs?? i can play pretty good but i dont know much of anything when it comes to amps.
    i play on a signature hoppus bass which when i read the reviews said it was a loud bass natrually and ive got a akg wireless setup. i just want to know if its going to be loud enough or do i need to go for more??

2. AfroMan Skeeter

AfroMan Skeeter

Dec 12, 2007
    Well, what's your price range? From there we can help you out a lot more, and tell us about what kind of music you play, etc.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Loud enough is very subjective. No one but you and your bandmates know how loud is loud enough.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think it will be enough.

5. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    i have a BA-210 SP , and does indeed get pretty loud, but i get some popping noises in mine every now and then (has never happened while performing though).

It should be big enough for practice and small gigs, it won't stand up to a fullstack mesa or anything though.

it's good, but if you're going for the one with effects (idk if thats just the sp model), dont, they are not worth it, get the one with the 8 band EQ ;)