1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale AMPEG Fretless Scroll Head Bass (AMUB1 #019) '66

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doug Martin, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Doug Martin

Doug Martin

Apr 14, 2018
    Price:
    $4400.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    FOR SALE - Very Rare Early Ampeg Fretless bass. Serial #019, one of the earliest to come to market, predating the six digit format. This model has the on body tail piece like a traditional electric bass and ebony fretboard. Black and red original sunburst paint. Year of manufacture is not clear to me but 1966 -1968. Bought it in 1969 from the original owner. Honest but minor paint chip wear on the back and scroll head. Repaired crack in the pick guard. Otherwise in very good to excellent condition. I had a Seymore Duncan pickup added into the original pickup slot to get a brighter sound. I have the original pick up as well which will slide back in. This bass tunes up perfectly and plays very well. Look forward to hearing from you. Doug - Nor Cal. dougmartin100@gmail.com

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    The Ampeg has landed! :D