1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SCR-DI owners question -- hiss?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by magnaton, Jun 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. magnaton

magnaton

Dec 12, 2013
    Boston
    Heyo!

So I just got an ampeg scr-di. It's really a sweet little box that I'm very happy with, save one thing -- the hiss!

When the treble knob is turned up beyond 12, there's a good bit of background hiss (gets louder with more treble). Trying to figure out if my unit is faulty, or if this is par for the course with these guys.

Troubleshooting so far:
    - Running off 9v or power supply, hiss is still there
    - Changed headphones, basses, still present (it's more like a shhhhh than the hum of single coils)
    - When pre-amp is off, and signal passes straight through from the input, there is no hiss. Only when the right stomp is on do I hear it.

Can anyone who has one of these relate?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. I have not experienced that with my SCR - it's been dead quiet.

magnaton likes this.
  3. Mine's been dead quiet, even when having to use the -15db pad (and adjusting the output volume to make up). There's a BIT of hiss when I crank up the treble, but then again, at those settings, it would also take my head off and knock turkey vultures off of corpses 150ft away!

magnaton likes this.
  4. magnaton

magnaton

Dec 12, 2013
    Boston
    Ah bummerrrr. Gonna go to local GC to see if I can try another one out there

5. Highpower1

Highpower1

Feb 20, 2017

magnaton likes this.