1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg Serial Numbers:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scottampeg, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. scottampeg

scottampeg

Feb 23, 2011
    Hello Fellow Ampeg Bass Amp players,
    Could someone please advise me of the serial number manufacturer / country of origin for my Ampeg SVT CL Classic and matching Ampeg 410 hlf cabinet.

Both are saying made and manufactured in SLM St Electronics St Louis (USA)

Cabinet is quite boomy, had an Amp Tech check out the SVT CL Classic Head and the total wattage is 327 watts.
    Its a great workhorse, but heavy as hell.....

Serial Number SVT CL Classic: BKLUT20118
    Serial Number SVT410HLF Cabinet: DVXD820165

Attached Files:

2. Your amp was manufactured for export to the UK in 2007.

Your cab was made for the domestic market in 1991.

3. scottampeg

scottampeg

Feb 23, 2011
    Cool that makes sense for the Ampeg Classic Head, as I had suspected it was USA made for the UK market, but the 410HLF Cabinet does not make sense for 1991 manufacture date as the condition and age certainly looks similar to 2006/2007. Thought it was definately made for the USA market but manufactured at a later date..

4. Vintage-Blue

Vintage-Blue Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Owner, Vintage Blue (repro cabinets)
    Can you take a closer look at the s/n on the cabinet, specifically the 5th character? That is supposed to designate the year of manufacture, and should be alphabetic. Is it possible that it is an 'S' rather than an '8'? If so, that would make the year of manufacture 2006. I think I remember seeing another post within the last couple of weeks where someone else had an Ampeg serial number and it was very difficult to tell if the one character was an 'S' or an '8'.

5. I wasn't the O.P. but I did respond about the S and 8 thing. I have a head that has the S as the fifth digit (the one determining year of mfg.) You practically need a magnifying glass to see that it is an S and not an 8. It definitely looks more like an 8 to the naked eye. Hmmmmmm...... why is my eye naked?

Vintage-Blue likes this.
  6. scottampeg

scottampeg

Feb 23, 2011
    Yep, definately an S - year 2006

Vintage-Blue likes this.