1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 4-10 HLF

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Bassmansean, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    For sale is my awesome cab! I've got to sell this to free up some cash for a Markbass that stole my heart.... could be a song.

The cab is the bigger, ported version of Ampeg's 4-10. I bought it because it has a usable low frequency of 28 Hz.... meaning I wouldn't need to pair it with a 15" or 18". And I didn't.

I powered this cab with my Ampeg SVT-3 PRO (also for sale) and I loved it! If you like to slap the cab has a horn so it gets super bright. But if you're not into that, turn it off with the attenuator dial on back. Or adjust it somewhere in-between. Problem solved. I prefer that Motown thud. Very clean.

About my cab:
    It's got a few light tears/scratches in the toltex. Normal wear stuff, nothing substantial. The horn attenuator adjuster dial fell off at some point down the road, so it's just the knob. This hasn't bothered me because it's easy to adjust with your fingers. And besides, how much are you really going to fiddle with that anyways once you find your settings?

I have installed caster sockets and casters on the bottom of the cab. I'm not sure why Ampeg doesn't do this at the factory because it has made a tremendous difference in portability- i.e. you can rotate it 360 degrees on the spot. VERY useful. This also makes it extremely easy to get through tight doorways/hallways without the help of anyone. I actually consider it a design flaw that they aren't incorporated into the design of the cab. I have pics of this so I'll send them along if you want to see.

I am asking $450 for the cab, and I prefer Paypal! I expect payment to clear before shipping/delivery.

I get the feeling nobody is going to want to pay shipping on this. But if you do, I'll get you a quote. I doubt it would be less than $100, though. Local pickup would be great, or perhaps we can arrange to meet if you live in the Midwest somewhere. I am in northern Indiana, right between Chicago and Detroit (South Bend, IN).

Thanks for looking, and feel free to check out my SVT-3 PRO that is also for sale!

Attached Files:

2. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    PM's received and sent.

3. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    still for sale!

4. pm sent

5. jwarm

jwarm

Jan 22, 2010
    email sent

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I do know that there are back casters but does this cabinet normally come with the front casters? Or did you add those? That seems like it would be handy.

7. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    Yea, I added 4 bottom casters, and they are very handy. The 2 rear casters are still mounted, but I hated having to tilt the cab back to move it anywhere, so I decided I would make it easy.... maybe I'm lazy, I dunno, haha.

8. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    That seems like a very smart move. It's not always convenient to tilt the cabinet back just to move it. So that sounds like a plus. If I lived somewhat close I'd probably be buying this one for my practice space.

9. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    going, going.....

10. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    GONE!

Thanks everyone for your interest.