1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT CL 300 watt with Ampeg PN 210 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vonviebs, Feb 25, 2019.

1. vonviebs

vonviebs

Feb 25, 2019
    Hello,

Has anyone used an Ampeg SVT CL 300 watt amp head with an Ampeg PN210 cab? If so, does it sound similar to using the SVT 810 or 410 cabs? I need something small for my home studio, but I don't want to lose out on the loud and sometimes crunchy sound of the big rig.

Thanks,
    Von

2. I'm assuming it's a 8 ohm cab, so the SVT-CL is only supposed to be used into 4 or 2 ohms, but it's apparently ok to run at 8ohms at not great volume
    I'd think that cab would be very different to the 810, the SVT212AV or, at 8 ohms, the SVT112AV would, I think be more in line with the "classic" Ampeg tone, eg...810.
    Those, or the 210AV.

This ISN'T to say that it won't sound darn good tho

3. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I think you can get crunchy with a 2x10, but it will not be loud and clean; which is probably just right for a studio rig.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021