1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT-Cl question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman817, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Bassman817

Bassman817

Dec 5, 2009
    hey,
    i have an SVT-CL and i have an ampeg 810-e. I'm wondering if i can, somehow, have a clean signal and a boosted gain signal running through the amp. anyone have any suggestions?

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I have the same rig. . I'm just going streight into the cab , setting my gain at 5 and the other settings at 5 . Mast vol. is at 3 or 4 (home studio) and I get a great clean sound.

3. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    If we're talking clock settings.....seriously:eyebrow: all 5's and master at 3. I have a CL and that would blow my walls out.

OP: CL=single channel amp. The VR does this, but the CL doesn't. You'd probably have to do this with an effects A/B setup.

4. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    hes talking one to 10.

using that logic.

For me its gain 3-4 bass 4-5 mid 7 mid selector position 3. treble 5-6 volume 5-6

thats clean.

5. Bassman817

Bassman817

Dec 5, 2009
    i know that it's single channel, but could i go into an A/B loop and put my gain boost going into the "A" channel going into the -16Db input and have all my other effects going into the 0Db input from the "B" channel?

6. iCombs

iCombs

Jan 6, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Ever considered a clean boost pedal like the Fulltone Fat Boost?

7. Bassman817

Bassman817

Dec 5, 2009
    i've had one before, it wasn't bad.
    what i'm wanting to do is to get the fat, fat, fat distortion that an ampeg svt-cl gives with the gain at 10 but be able to do that with a gain boost pedal instead of turning the gain up on my amp. Also to be able to have a solid clean signal as well as the effected signal.