Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT Classic settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iceblinko, Oct 22, 2003.

1. iceblinko

iceblinko

Jul 15, 2003
    Ny
    hey all. i was just wondering what settings people use for their svt classics? especially the gain settings. thanks...

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I like to set the gain to a point where if I play lightly with my fingers I have a clean sound but when I dig in the sound becomes wooly. That would depend on your playing style though. I like to have dynamics so I set the gain around 7. I usually cut bass, keep the mids straight up and boost treble a little.

3. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Gain for me is usually around 9 or 10. I keep it as high as I can as long as I can still effectively use the master control to make subtle changes. I have both hi and lo boosts engaged. Have the bass around 7, the mids around 8.5, the mid selector switch set to 3, and the treble set equal to bass. This usually cuts through pretty well and is really warm and growly. I never seem to be able to get the master past about 1.5 though. I pair this up with an American Pbass and an 8x10.