1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg users question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pbass888, Oct 16, 2013.

1. pbass888

pbass888 Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    New York, NY
    Hi fellow Tb'ers
    My regular rig is a littlemark II and a single 12 inch cab. I still love the ampeg tone and recently did some shows with a svt and also a smaller one with a 112 ba combo. Im looking to see if there is anything that folks might suggest for playing small clubs here in nyc that is portable.

I had a portaflex (pf350) that died on me a few years ago so Im not a huge fan of it. I would love a combo but the bigger BA's are a little to heavy for subway carrying with my bass and gear.

Actually looking at the BA-112 at the top end of my weight carrying up and down subway stairs with a dolly and bass etc.
    Does ampeg make a neo cab similar to markbass?

Love to hear what ampeg users are using in larger cities when faced with public transportation etc.

BTW allmost all jazz so don't really need a huge sound, usually unmic'd horns and drums and usually a low watt guitar player in my regular quartet/quintet. Another steady gig I have is with a singer songwriter kind of joni mitchell type with acoustic guitar and organ.

Thanks in advance!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yes they do, the Pro Neo series.

http://www.ampeg.com/products/proneo/

I usually use a BA110 when faced with a situation where size is at a premium. The BA112 is a little better and bigger sounding, but the BA110 only weighs 35 lbs and has enough for me to do the gigs I do with it.

3. pbass888

Jul 8, 2009
    New York, NY
    Jimmy do you think the ba110 is apron as loud as the 112? And thanks for the suggestion... 5 less lbs makes a difference on those multi subway rides;)

4. pbass888

Jul 8, 2009
    New York, NY
    Approximately as loud..between auto direct and typing on glass I'm liable to get arrested!

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Just make sure to text only while driving ;)

No, the BA112 is noticeably louder for sure. I can't say that the BA110 will be loud enough for you, but it does work for me on certain gigs.

6. pbass888

Jul 8, 2009
    New York, NY
    thanks for the info i hope to post pics in NAD soon. i love the 112 my buddy jeff andrews has had one for years that i ve used at his place and its a killer. ill get one soon. thanks again for the help. itll be more than enough for my gigs when i dont need 350 watts (which is most of them)

7. pbass888

Jul 8, 2009
    New York, NY
    and they should send Jimmy M an SVT blueline for the assist or at least a vr b15;-)
    when i buy mine

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    LOL! Ampeg does just fine by me, bro ;) But thanks!