1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg V4 years/differences

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by beebassdude, Apr 15, 2010.

1. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    just trying to find some more info on the ampeg V4. ive seen a couple different faceplates on these amps and i was wondering what the differences were? if anyone has any info on if the amp changed throughout the years please let me know.

thanks

2. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    not sure how linking fliptops helps me. ive been to the v4 site that they have linked there and its specifically about later model V4s and doesnt have info on the early 70s ones (unless its there and i missed it).

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    There isn't much difference between them. The later amps added a distortion circuit to the guitar version and a master volume. For specific details about the earlier 70s amps, the manual on www.ampegv4.com is from the early 70s series of amps (also covers b15, svt, b25, vt40, etc).

4. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    This is the one im trying to identify. ive never seen one with a face like this.

v4face.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  6. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    i was thinking that but i wasnt sure, im glad youre always around as the ampeg authority on here dude, youve been more than helpful on multiple occasions. thanks dude!

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    aw shucks! thanks dude...faceplate or not, though...v4's rock!

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    hell I think i'm the only guy that is using an old B25B for my bass head.. oh sweet V4 BTW:eek:

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    nope, a good 6 or 7 dudes on here use a b25b. so you have a handful of folks to rejoice with. never heard one but everyone loves it who has one.

10. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma