SOLD Ampeg V4B (original not re-ish)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Chris 'Wighat' Jordan, May 17, 2017.

1. Price:
    Original (not the re-ish) Ampeg V4B, been to the tech, new tubes, new caps, everything works perfectly. I reckon this is from around 1973. Like so many of these, this ones graphics have faded off the face plate. You could fix it up with rub on letters or some kind of label maker if you like. Priced to sell.... I've got another piece of gear I want to buy.

Buyer pays shipping, Paypal.

20170527_171503.jpg
    ---
    TMA: Sat May 27 2017 09:19:57 GMT-0500 (CDT).jpg
    ---
    TMA: Sat May 27 2017 09:20:42 GMT-0500 (CDT).jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Coughdrops likes this.
  2. acacac80

acacac80

May 20, 2013
    PMd

3. PM sent

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    It's times like this that I am sad that I gig in Europe so much

5. What are you saying? Your stateside gigs don't deserve legendary vintage V4B tone? :roflmao:

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    More that I can't live with an amp that's not 110-240 and that it's a total bummer when I see such an incredible amp going for less than a Mesa Subway.

7. With a simple change to the primary leads of the power transformer, the V4B operates on 220/240. I'm certain you could even set it up to be switchable.

handofseven likes this.
  8. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    To my knowledge there is no way to make them 110/240 without changing the transformer and that kills the value of the amp.

GLWTS

9. I was peaking inside mine at one point with a schematic in hand and remember noting the power transformer was configurable for 240v. Of course, I would have to confirm this on my particular amp if it were critical to someone's interest in a purchase. Regardless, it would be good to know what the PT primary voltage deal is in general. Would @beans-on-toast be so kind as to chime-in?

10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Don't worry about it man - I am not going to buy your amp. I was just trying to say something nice about it as it's amazing.

11. I got that some time ago. :) I am always interested in adding to the collective body of knowledge.

12. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    The voltages supported by the transformers varied with the revision. Some had a transformer for North America and anothers had an export transformer for other regions. My '74 for example, has a transformer for only 120 yet the schematic indicates that it can be set up for 120/240. So you can't go by the schematics. If the transformer has four primary wires it is a dual voltage (the colors vary), if there are only two primaries it is a single voltage.

jumbodbassman likes this.
  13. Good to know, thank you.

beans-on-toast likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021