1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ampeg V6-B...lower price...$175

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by tornadobass, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    I really need to sell this cab...a classic Ampeg V6-B from the mid-'70s. Big sound from a pair of 15" speakers. It's been stored at a friend's house and not getting any use.

Despite its size, it's easy enough to move around...no particleboard, built-in tilt-back dolly (rear wheels plus towel bar)...only around 90 lbs. Last year, I actually fit it into the back seat of a friend's small sedan for a gig.

The cab has its original speakers that are in fine working condition. The tolex is a bit worn and missing a few pieces, but that just adds to the mojo. Grill cloth is in decent shape for its age. It has a switch to use it as either 4 or 16 ohms. The original solid-state head designed for this cab put out 240 watts. I've used it with an SWR SM-400 bridged to 400 watts and it did fine.

The first pic shows the cab with a Bassman 100 (which I don't have anymore) and a G&L L1K (NOT for sale!!!) and the second pic shows the speakers with the center port.

$175...pickup only, although I'd be willing to deliver within about an hour's drive (I'm in eastern Iowa).

I have a lot of stuff going on right now (repairing a flooded house) and can't spare the time to find a way to pack & ship this monster...sorry.

Attached Files:

2. I am really tempted to drive across minnesota for this

3. Tornadobass, my sympathies to you and yours on the flooding. My g/f's family lives in Iowa but were luckily not in the flood zones. Man, if you were anywhere close to me, this would be sold.

If you decide to ship, let me know! You don't even have to box it up...just put it on a crate or something. :)

4. mattcash

mattcash

Sep 16, 2008
    Raleigh
    ditto Sleepy Monkey. Hope everything works out for the best. Good luck to you.

.....Temptation and petrol....are the variables in this scenario, for me anyway.
    I have the matching head, and use it in my live rig through a Goliath Sr.
    Sounds excellent, true, but that doesn't mean I don't want this mammoth cabinet!!!

Tornadobass, where are you? Would you be willing to let someone other than myself come to pick it up after a satisfactory payment?

5. tornadobass

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    I'd really like to find a home for the cab where it would be appreciated. It's kinda cool.

Mattcash...no problem having somebody else pick it up if you have a way. I'm in Iowa City, in the east-central part of the state.

Maybe something like relay-a-bass-cab-across-America :hyper:

6. would you be willing to meet somewhere in MN for it?

one of my best friends was just in iowa--i would have had her pick it up if i knew!

7. tornadobass

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Sorry...I need the time to work on my flooded house repairs...can't get away for a whole day of driving.

8. Avidus

Avidus Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    You have a PM.

9. jmseeley

jmseeley

Sep 8, 2009
    i have one of these and i love it to death.. i would really like to double up and gett my sunn 300t down to 2 ohms but im in kentucky

10. jfolz

jfolz

Sep 24, 2010
    PM Sent -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.