An Oddball Question...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HG1180, May 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. So, about 3 weeks ago i had a very odd dream in which i was the bass player for Green Day, what makes this odd is that i do not care at all for Green Day’s music. However, in the dream i was playing this bassline over and over again and its a really fun bassline to play (irl), and im sitting here playing it today and i think to myself, “wait a minute is this a Green Day bassline?”

I dont even know to begin looking in their catalogue of albums to find something like this. From what i remember, it vaguely reminds me of their song “Holiday”

Anyway heres the bassline. Sorry for the terrible video quality i did as best i could with my phone:thumbsup:

mikewalker likes this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    It came to me in a dream...

HG1180 likes this.
  3. And yes i am aware i have a very odd looking technique :D

4. viper4000

viper4000

Aug 17, 2010
    Charlotte
    Yeah, sounds like Longview off of Dookie. Darn dreams getting excited for bass lines only to find we stole them lol

HG1180 likes this.
  5. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Yep, close to "Longview" but not quite the same. But it's a fun line to play!

HG1180 likes this.
  6. viper4000

viper4000

Aug 17, 2010
    Charlotte
    Close enough I had a flash back to high school. LOL

MonetBass and HG1180 like this.
  7. Oh damn that really is similar! Thanks man.

MonetBass likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021