An offer for any interested lefties (ISO Bongo 5 lefty)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LeftyLyda, Sep 12, 2020.

1. LeftyLyda

LeftyLyda

Aug 13, 2010
    Seattle
    Hello my fellow low-enders and lefties,

I have been searching for Bongo5 basses, left-handed of course, and can't seem to find any of them literally anywhere- they are apparently startlingly rare, at least from what I've seen on the used market. I wanted to make this post to ask the TB community if they are a lefty bassist or know a lefty bassist who has a Bongo 5 that they'd be willing to let go of for a generous offer- possibly a very generous offer. I was thinking some combination of trade/money might work as I have several basses I am trying to get rid of (EBMM Sterling 4, Fender Player P, Fender Player J, G&L L2500)- I honestly might even be okay with giving over 2 or more of these basses on top of shelling out a little cash to lay hands on a lefty bongo 5, that's how badly I'd like to acquire one. I have watched the used market on reverb/ebay/other sites for the last 2-3 years and have only seen a lefty Bongo 5 pop up twice- both times I wasn't in a position to snatch it up because of some life changes happening around that time. I have a bongo 4 and it is the best sounding finger-style bass I have ever picked up, and I'm convinced that a fiver version would quickly become my take-to-the-grave bass.

I find myself in a better position now than I was in before and thought that I would come here first to put out some feelers and see if anyone would be interested.

2. B-Mac

B-Mac Happiness is a warm puppy and a great bass Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Might want to ask here: THE LEFTY UNION: The Club for the Left-Handed... Returns!

LeftyLyda likes this.
  3. LeftyLyda

LeftyLyda

Aug 13, 2010
    Seattle
    B-Mac likes this.
  4. velalv

velalv

Oct 5, 2010
    Woodbridge, VA
    I have a lefty 5 string bongo PDN in Neptune Blue.

5. Jewell

Jewell

Jun 1, 2022
    This sounds like an absolute dream bass. Photos?

6. Good luck and hope you find one. I know how fun it is trying to find things when you're a rarity.

7. velalv

velalv

Oct 5, 2010
    Woodbridge, VA

Attached Files:

Jewell and GTHintz like this.