Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anita Baker Transcripts

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by tyjacks, Nov 22, 2003.

1. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Does anyone know where you can get transcripts for Anita Bakers music?

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I've got a transcription of Been So Long from the Rapture album. Is that one of the songs you're working on?

Wulf

3. tyjacks

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Can you email it ? Or post on your web site?

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    What - and spoil all the fun of you figuring it out yourself? :D

What I've got transcribed is what I play when doing it with my band - without listening back, I can't remember quite how close that is to the original. However, the bit which took me longest to do was the main bass riff, used for the intro and chorus:

[​IMG]

Get this under your fingers and that's most of the song sorted out. The verses use a similar rhythm to the first bar working round the progression F / / / | C / / / | Bb / / / | C / / / |. The same riff is also used for the outro section with a little bit of elaboration. Once you've got it down there only the 16 bar bridge after the second chorus to figure out - let me know if you need more help when you get to that stage.

Wulf

ps. I hope posting this riff as a graphic doesn't affect either the copyright care taken for the whole board (see discussion in the Suggestion Box about a transcription forum) or the rules of the tab forum (I guess I could tab that little bit out but it seems such a pain when I've already got it as a finale file).

5. tyjacks

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    OK, usually I figure out songs myself and use transcripts to see how close I am. But thanks anyway...:bassist:

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    ... and how close were you (or how close was I)?

Wulf