1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Markbass fan is born!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cap'n Redbeard, Feb 20, 2016.

1. After a bit of a hiatus from playing bass regularly, I decided to get some fresh equipment to re-spark my interest. I've always been a Fender-with-flats-into-a-tube-amp guy but I wanted to try something different. I started with a Yamaha TRBX 504 and a G-K 700rb/neo 212 rig. Nice stuff for the money but I kept going back to my mid seventies J copy and '67 B15. So said bye to the Yamaha and bought an American Vintage P. Through the G-K I wasn't blown away. I could never get my P bass to shine through the G-K house tone. So, once again back to the shop. This time I came back with an SVT and 410HLF. Maybe I was expecting too much but again I was disappointed. I never thought I'd say that about the same amp I had posters of on my wall growing up. The cab went back because I found it too midscooped and a bit flubby. This time I took a shot in the dark and ordered a Markbass Traveler 210 4 ohm and boom! There's my mids! Out of curiosity I ordered the Little Mark 250 Black Line and suddenly my P-Bass sounds right again! Plenty of volume for jamming with the band and should hold its own in the little pubs I play in. I'm digging the tone I'm getting so much that I find myself playing more and EQing less. No more of the play a riff, mess with knobs, play a riff, mess with knobs endless cycle.
    I will in the near future be purchasing the LM3 and 410 for bigger shows and the SVT is on Craigslist. I'm hooked!

Flabzilla and staurosjohn like this.
  2. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Welcome to 'the club' :woot: show some pics when you can... always love looking at MB stuff! I've got a pile-o-Markbass- myself... (and so do many others on TB)

3. IMG_20160218_194629602.

Matthew Barrack and staurosjohn like this.
  4. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Great minds do think alike! :thumbsup: I have the 102HF as part of my repetoire... the front port adds a bit of low-end...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016