Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another Name our band thread

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by John Deppel, May 28, 2004.

1. My band is going through a slight line-up change...as our drummer is transferring to Florida. So it was agreed by myself and g**tarist that we should rename the band. However, we are completely blank on how to name our band. We are a Metal/Punk band. Our previous name was "Praetorian." The only name we have come up with is one my g**tarist came up with, VOID. However, that name has been done to death. All three of us are in the Coast Guard, so a nautical sounding name is a definite plus. Any suggestions??

2. Jaws? Naah too obvious :( How about Tidal Wave? Tsunami? The Bermuda Triangles? Three nautical Miles? The Coast Guards?

Do I get credit for this stuf?

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Seamen

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    how about Hard To Starboard!

5. SEA-MAN! Aah the memories :D

for those not south-park litterate: pronounce seamen (souds like 'Semen'). He had a swallow on his shoulder too :eek:

6. Poop Deck

The Fo'c's'les (then you can laugh at the different ways people mispronouce it) (and that's the way it was spelled in Webster's)

Yarrrrr

Polly Wanna Crackpipe

Pirate Kitty

Plündër

Chain Shot

Hull

Cannon Fodder

Bilge

The Jolly Rogerers

Skull and Bones

Giant Squid

Mysteries of the Deep

Ramming Speed

Flotilla

Jetsam

Damn the Torpedoes

Sonar

Depth Charge

Cleat

Krüstacean

Boarding Party

Keel Haul

Coriolis Force (or The Coriolis Effect) (Bonus points if you know what this is)

-M

7. Electric Buoy

Cutter

or find a cool name of ship from coast guard history. uscg website has a lot of historical info. http://www.uscg.mil

8. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001

i used to be in the Navy. i would tell the new guys that the Coriolis Effect not only caused whirlpools to spin the opposite direction, but the radar dishes on the ship would spin backwards too.

9. Talkbass should start a band name archive.

10. How often did you get them to believe you? :D

In the town where I grew up there was a road w/2 lanes in each direction. At one intersection there was a stop sign post that actually had two stop signs on it facing the same direction, one right above the other. One time my girlfriend asked why that was. The real answer - it indicated both lanes were supposed to stop. My BS answer to her: "It means you are supposed to stop twice. Stop once, then creep out and stop again so you can see if anyone's coming on the cross street." She believed me, and every time I rode with her and we got to that intersection, she stopped twice.

What does this have to do with band names? Um... my story is just a really long band name? :confused:

11. How about

(The) Graving Yard

-M

12. corky st. clair

corky st. clair

Apr 22, 2003

Only if they called it "what NOT to name your band."

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    People love the new name of our band.....you're far enough away that it won't matter if you want to use it too....

Triple Shot

-Mike

14. Well, sad thing is...I chatted with my g**tarist tonite...seems he's getting thrown back onto night shifts for the next 6 mos...so the band has pretty much died. Funny how this happened right after we found a new drummer...

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Fish Stick :D