1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Ohm Question..Sorry lol.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rymsk19, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

Jan 26, 2011
    Just found out the 1x15 that came stock with my Pro Bass 300 is an 8ohm cab that will handle 400 watts, if I was to get a 2x10 to add on to it should it be 4 ohms or 8? Thank you for the help.

2. rollin$tone

rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    If your 1x15 is an 8 ohm, then if you add another 8 ohm cab, the total will be 4 ohms, probably the minimum ohms that your amp can handle, providing that the cabs are ran in series.

3. OtisRocks

OtisRocks

Oct 28, 2009
    Toronto
    Good advice but you got the series parallel thing backwards. Parallel is the standard way of wiring using standard cables. Total resistance adds as 1/8 + 1/8 = 1/4 in parallel.

Series operation would require custom cabling and would lead to a total load of 16 ohms with two 8 ohm cabs.

This should all be clearly explained in the ohms stickies.

4. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

Jan 26, 2011
    The head says it is a 2oh minimum.

5. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

Jan 26, 2011
    So, if I run one output of the amp to one cab and the other output of my amp to the other cab (Parallel) it will be 4 ohms in all?

6. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

Jan 26, 2011
    Alright, I got this figured out finally thanks guys!