Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another one of my ideas...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jherrera, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    American Idol doesnt appeal to me because people singing isnt my cup of tea but if it was a bassist competetion I sure as hell would watch. So someone with network ties needs to go and make this a reality so some kid from Utah or nebraska who is disgustingly good at bass can come out of nowhere and blow everyones mind. And this could be on MTV so they could actually play music for a change. And they would have off camera auditons so that the show is gaurenteed to have awesome bassists just some more awesome than others and then awinner who could then dissapear back to where he came from. MUWHAHAHA.... wait what?

2. Does anyone really know what color the water on Mars is?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Oh don't you worry, this is just another one of your hairbrain "get rich quick schemes" :ninja:

Hmmm, heres the thing chief. Bassists aside, noone really cares about all the Victor Wooten's of the world. If your program exsisted, it would be American Guitarist... or Abearican Guitarist.

4. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    wait you mean not everyone thinks the same as me..... LIES ALL LIES!!

5. What I think would sell better is a competition PRIMARILY based on guitarist, but bassists can back them up and they also have bass mini-competitions.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think I've heard enough wanky guitar/bass solos in my lifetime. Because what the general public think of as "good" as far as solos go... is fast and stupid.

A Dave Gilmour solo is nothing compared to a Steve Vai solo...

7. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Ewww, Steve Vai.

8. Compare it to sex, A Vai solo is like a fast whore who just wants to see how fast she can do you. A Gilmour solo is this crazy , wild , erotic woman from Asia that can tickle your nerves and have you giddy as a school boy flipping through his first playboy.