Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Another tattoo thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eyescream, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I saw some other tattoo threads on here and figured that there were some afficionados that might like to see more work.

Had my right arm worked on today... for 6 hours.

[​IMG]

Here's a before and after picture. This huge touchup job was the first stage of the creation of a sleeve that is going to extend from my neck to my elbow on my right arm that might possibly flow into half of a yoke on the right of my chest, and will likely (in the next few years) flow into a backpiece that i'm working on preliminary sketches for with the artists that do my work at of the shop I used to work in. The reddish parts in the "after" picture will be white when the piece heals.

Anyway, thanks for looking. I'm really excited about it.:D

2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    6 hours!? Damn! Neither of mine took more than hour. Does that make me a pansy? :D

3. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Totally.

Huge pansy.

;)

Some teenybopper kids came in while I was getting it done, and Bean and I started screwing around. He'd tattoo me for a few seconds and I'd start hollering about how much it hurt. by the time they left they were petrified. :D

4. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    :D

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice , man that a long time to be under the needle. If you dont mind how much did it cost to be worked on that long.

6. You look like a very large man....

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! :bag:

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    For me it was $20 and dinner, but I'm kind of shop family. Hang out there and help out when I have the chance, and I used to work there as a piercer.

That identical piece for a stranger would probably cost around $200-$300 at the shop I had my work done at (which, incidentally, is the only shop that I will get work from. I'm that happy with everything I've gotten, and they're awesome friends of mine).

Kaz: I wouldn't hurt a fly... unless it was askin for it. :D

8. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    My Parson's chameleon on my neck. There is a good bit of detail you can't really see in the pic. It has a stone-like effect with cracks throughout. When wearing a shirt with a collar,it nests perfectly on the crest. -Luke

9. how long would it take to have something like this image done on my forearm?

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Coupla hours.

How large? How many colors?

11. 2"x2". black only. all i want is the colored part, but in black.

12. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, coupla hours including setup time if they don't dick around with it.

13. how bad is this going to hurt?

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If you ask how bad it hurts, you don't need one.

15. why do you say that? i asked how bad my tongue piercing was going to hurt. only to be let down.

i just like to know what i'm in for.

16. MAJOR METAL

Would you all say it is hard just to have one tattoo?.

17. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Definitely. I'm planning my next one :D

18. MAJOR METAL

So am i in a week or two !.

19. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Not pain so much as irritation. Think of a cat scratching you for an extended period of time. After about 5 hours it starts to get raw. :)

Also: Comparing piercing pain to tattoo pain is apples and oranges. Two completely different sensations. Tongue piercings don't hurt, anyway. Do your nipples yourself and we'll talk. :D

20. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Without a doubt, yes. This is my third tattoo, and we're working up to a complete yoke/halfsleeves/backpiece extending down to my knees.