Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Airsofters here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 22, 2004.

1. So you think airsoft guns aren't very dangerous? JUst og on this site, and click on the Video of a TV being mashed... it's insane
    http://www.pipersprecisionproducts.com/

I hope I never have to face one of those in a bb fight..... :bag:

2. Wow...I don't think I'll ever be playing if one of those are in play! We just use gas pistols and AEGs. Last time we played I got tagged in the cheek with a Glock and that left a fat welt for a day or so...I can't begin to imagine what that thing your do.

3. Hehe, I have my Marui FAMAS and a Crosman CO2 pistol, and they do the job very well...but that thing! I looked it up, and it fires .88gram 6mm steel BBs at 600FPS.....I mean, that's more powerful than my air rifle, with a heavier projectile....I reckon that;d kill someone, never mind bruise someone....what is the point?!

4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I've never heard of steel BBs for airsoft. Steel has too much mass, and would most likely seriously injure or kill someone, especially at 600 FPS.

I read your post about you shooting people who egg your house btw. Thats just a step closer to getting airsoft banned. Please don't do that.

Vince

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Now I know what I want for Christmas!!! ;) ;) ;)

MAN!!! That must be a small fortune in BB's.

6. It seems that they used metal BBs, not the airsoft ones in that video.

PS: Go paintball!

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I could put it on the deck. Scare away solicitors.

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I was thinking more like when the Jehovah Witness tag teams come around. ;)

9. I'm an avid airsofter. I have a smith 'n wesson m5045 and a bat. powered m4.... tis fun

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    i shot one of those... not metal bbs though... airsoft is fine...most fields dont allow faster then 400fps and plastic bbs

You have to wear mask... i knew a guy who didnt and he has a hole in his lip now...

airsoft is a great game...

Cheers

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Big airsoft fan here. I enjoy having my morning cup of coffee while shooting my full auto AEGs in the basement... naked. I can't do that with my real steel!

12. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    "yeah, I'd like the watchtower...."
    "come on up...."
    bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

13. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Thanks Ken, I was going to bed but now I think I'm going to go get drunk. :eyebrow:

14. My brother shot me from 3 feet away once... landed me in the middle of my nose and i was bleeding so bad...

good times good times :D

...god im in so much pain :bawl:

:bag:

15. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Man, the British are nuts! How did we ever win those two wars!!!!!!!!!!! :bag:

16. Well, me and my friends got held up by a lunatic(also a friend) with my MP5 single action BB gun last night at a sleep over. That things is the power of the FAMAS, and he was shooting us.....fortunately, I had my FAMAS with me.....needless to say I wiped the floor iwth him.....small cut on the head and a cut arm.... silly I know, but it was his choice to start blasting me...

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    :D

18. Lol. thanks for the morning laugh

19. Egging houses ?
    I've read that someone here on TB has a intrest in the matter
    Give you a clue
    She responds quite regulary
    Lately it's been everyday :bag:

20. I've got several of those el-cheapo spring action airsoft pistols at home, and some of my freinds and I get together and leave welts on each other with them.

Rock on
    Eric