1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

any duos exist that use a Bass VI?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hachi kid, Mar 22, 2013.

1. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    I'm curious if there's any two piece bands that happen to use a Bass VI or a Bass VI-type instrument as the "guitar" in the band. I can only guess it'd be like a DFA79 or Tweak Birds kind of sound, but only with a Bass VI. I'm looking into starting a band with my Bass VI and a drummer, and I'm just curious if it's ever been done before. it seems like the perfect instrument for that sort of band.

2. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    can't answer you, but notice you are from Pelham, AL-------that's gotta be named after the "gallant Pelham" who made his CSA fame at Fredericksburg right?

3. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    no idea, honestly. I moved here a couple years ago, and the only thing I really know about the area is that Brent Hinds of Mastodon is from here.

4. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    Bump. Anyone new ever hear of such a thing?

5. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    guess not.....

sweet_zps9602ed8c.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Julie Slick might be. She's using a Lakland version of one, but she seems pretty committed to it. Not sure if it's duo format, but it wouldn't surprise me.

7. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Julie did do a handful of (awesome) duo-format shows last year with Tim Motzer....

http://motzerslickti.com/

....but this was before she got the 6-string. I think it's safe to assume that if they ever take this act out on the road again (oh please oh please pretty please -- Julie, are you listening?) she'll use the Slick Six.

8. kontingent

kontingent

Nov 22, 2015
    Bulgaria
    Necro bump, I guess, reviving this thread, but here's two links:

Feedbacker is a duo from Sofia, Bulgaria.

Gudron is a duo from Sarajevo.