1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any electronic music experts around? Help me out..

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Tsal, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland
    I've lately been getting into electronic music, up to the point that I now wish to try out making some myself. This will also serve as an experiment towards producing songs. Any good suggestions what should I look into as a newb?

I have a decent PC, so I figured out a MIDI keyboard and a sequencer program is the simplest place to start. I ordered a M-Audio Oxygen 8 and am thinking about buying Orion Pro as the software. There seems to be quite a lot of free VST plugins around, so there's a lot to toy with.

2. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Im certainly not the best person to listen to on this, but every person I know who got into making electronic music started with Korg Electribes, theyre decently cheap compared to other electribes and pack enough sounds/effects/options for you to have plenty of fun.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021