1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Any good used gear websites or Apps?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassNoobTX, Dec 15, 2019.

1. BassNoobTX

BassNoobTX

Feb 13, 2016
    Texas
    I searched the forums and no good thread since the early 2Ks! Most of the links in those threads were dead so, what's your favorite website to buy used gear?

I'll start the list and will update as we go along.

Websites
    Apps:
    • Offer Up
    • Let Go

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I don't like paying shipping / waiting / risking / hassles so I tend to stay local, lots of CL & FBMP.

3. BassNoobTX

BassNoobTX

Feb 13, 2016
    Texas
    I'm with you but the local guys are asking 20%-30% over GC used prices...

4. reverb.com

BassNoobTX likes this.
  5. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    no doubt that's often the case but usually they're not too dissimilar, maybe depending on region, and sometimes even the opposite. it's often just a crapshoot for that particular moment in time and then can significantly change. this reminds me to head over to our new GC and see what's happening.

6. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    U-Box, always worth a squiz.

BassNoobTX likes this.
  7. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
  8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

9. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

You could check into Harmony Central, but I think it’s turned into the My Space of the music world.

BassNoobTX likes this.
  10. Michedelic

Don’t overlook GC’s website; as far as used stuff is concerned, if you find something at the right price in another city, they will ship it to the closest(to you)store, but I don’t know how much of an added expense that would be. Also there’s Gbase...
    Home | Gbase.com > Guitars Amps & More
    which is a one-stop clearing house for scores of mom’n’pops around the country(and world).

BassNoobTX likes this.
  11. Michedelic

There’s also, in the LA area(San Fernando Valley), a place I’ve been a customer of...
    Jammin' Jersey Music and Pro Audio: New & Used
    They’re shutting down the brick and mortar soon, but continuing online; insane joint with gear piled to the ceiling.

BassNoobTX likes this.
  12. My wishlist is an elaborate spreadsheet where I save weblinks of instruments that interest me.

As I look through the worksheet, the vast majority of links are from Reverb, TalkBass Classifieds, and Guitar Center Used.

I also have:
    • some BassChat Classifieds
    • some Japanese music shop links from Ikebe/Ishibashi/Miki/etc
    • some links from The Low End and Bass Shop Seattle
    • a few Craigslist links around the Vancouver - Seattle area
    • a few Music Go Round links

BassNoobTX likes this.
  13. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    This should be illegal …

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021