1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Korg DTR users?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bchamorro, Mar 11, 2008.

1. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Is the 2000 worth it over the 1000 for bass?
    Would you recommend the 1000 over a Boss TU-2 pedal?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I had a DTR2000 the only difference is a few modes that I never used and the connectivity of it on the back. They are better than the Boss TU-2 but I ended up going with a Peterson Strobe O Stomp.

The Korg DT-10 is also very popular I have one of those as well and it's very close to the Peterson when I A/B'ed them

3. I A/Bed the 1000 and 2000 at a local shop and then decided I'd never use the extras on the 2000.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

4. The same here, I use the DTR-1000 to tune my bass, nothing more, nothing less.

5. Pump Man

Pump Man Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Pasadena, MD
    Excellent service from the 1000!

6. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I like my TU-2 because its cheaper, can mute for tuning or not, don't have to walk over to amp to mute my sound.

7. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    got an older dtr-1 or whatever

great unit. it just tunes. no gimmicks

8. The only usefull thing the 2000 has that the 1000 doesnt is a rack light.

9. You don't really miss the open tuning settings and extra jacks. I am using the tuner out from my Trace Elliot GP12 into the back of my DTR-1000 so it works perfectly with my rack set-up.

10. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    I have a 2000 and I love the added features - my guitarist can use it from the front jack while it's plug on my gear in the back. I can easily tune my bass from a low F# to high C. for the diff in $$$ I think it's worth it. My gear is a mesa 400+ with powerhouse 1000 cab, DBX 160A comp. so why not put the best korg with it...

11. notenslaved

notenslaved I survived the 80's only to see it return.

Feb 13, 2008
    Connecticut, USA
    Check out: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407988&highlight=rack+tuner

DTR1000 works fine so far. The features of the 2000 seem more like bells & whistles.

I kept my TU-2 though, because some places to play up here already have a backline so I need something if I don't have my rack with me.

Now that I have a rack tuner, I wonder how I lived without it. Sometimes when there's a few bands in a show you have to set up and break down quickly. Having the tuner in your rack is really nice in these cases.

12. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Thanks, notenslaved - I was going to link to that!

It seems like this is the third time in a row this question has been asked in the span of a few weeks...

Must be tuner season. :D